Wedding in Pretoria
Weddings in Pretoria
There is something really special about Pretoria. It is a city where old meets new and the new South Africa has really come out to shine. Not only is it an extremely attractive city, with its wide tree lined streets, but it is also blessed with breathtaking surroundings. Pretoria is a popular city to get married in amongst brides from around the country. So if you are thinking about getting married in Pretoria then this article is a must read before you pick your wedding venue.
Pretoria is located in the northern part of Gauteng Pretoria in South Africa is popularly known as The Jacaranda City due to the thousands of Jacaranda trees planted in its streets, parks and gardens. Located 50 kilometers from Johannesburg Pretoria is made up of bushveld and highveld and is picturesquely surrounded by the hills of the Magaliesberg range. For guests coming from abroad Pretoria is located a convenient 30 minute drive from O R Tambo International Airport.
The best time of year to get married in Pretoria
Pretoria has an amazing climate and is generally always 2 degs warmer that Johannesburg. Pretoria has a moderately dry subtropical climate, with long hot and rainy summers and short cool and dry winters. If you are planning on having your reception and/or ceremony outside plan your wedding during the summer months. Just be sure that your wedding venue has a plan B incase of rain. Spring is an extremely popular month to get married in Pretoria because of the Jacaranda trees which carpet the city with beautiful purple flowers. So when planning your wedding in Pretoria you would ideally like to look at the months between September and March.
Finding the right wedding venue in Pretoria
Have a look at our Country Wedding Venues, City Wedding Venues and Gauteng Wedding Venues for all the amazing wedding venues in Pretoria to choose from. This is what you should consider before choosing the perfect one for you:[list style=”list8″ color=”rosy”]
- Consider the time of the year you are going to get married. If you are having a wedding during the colder months make sure that you like the venue they use in case the weather is bad. You have to be able to picture having your wedding ceremony and/or reception in this venue. If you are having your wedding in the hot summer months make sure that the venue is airy and cool.
- Make sure you love the menu.
- Do you want to get married in the city or at a wedding venue with a country atmosphere?
- Consider the view. Pretoria is a city blessed with amazing views and a great view is means great photographs.
- Pretoria boasts some of the best gardens in South Africa due to its fabulous climate. Choose a wedding venue with a great garden for great outdoor pictures.