Wedding in Stellenbosch
A Wedding in Stellenbosch
Wedding in Stellenbosch – Stellenbosch is the oldest wine route in the country and one can see why it is such a popular place to get married. There are so many fantastic wedding venues featured on SA Wedding Venues to choose from. Why is Stellenbosch such a famous wedding destination? Well it has some of the most spectacular scenery in South Africa. Think dramatic mountains, green vineyards and unique Cape Dutch architecture. The climate is also a draw card – Stellenbosch being situated away from the coast line gets about 3 degrees warmer than Cape Town which is great for sultry evening reception parties. Stellenbosch is not only a quaint town but it is vibrant, with a wide choice of creative service providers for brides to choose from and of course Cape Town is right around the corner.
Stellenbosch is located less than 30 minutes from Cape Town International Airport and is about a 40 minute drive from the center of Cape Town – no wonder it is considered one of the best places to get married in South Africa. Stellenbosch is a world away from the hustle and bustle of Cape Town and you will feel like you have stepped back in time the moment you get there. Stellenbosch is a gorgeous university town, home to the University of Stellenbosch. Its world famous wine farms are located around the town. I would recommend buying a map for the area before you brave driving around because the little roads around the town can be confusing. There is a great tourism office in the center of Stellenbosch with helpful staff to assist as well.
Directions to the Stellenbosch town
Head out on the N2 towards Somerset West. Take the exit 33 for Baden Powell Drive towards the R310/ Stellenbosch/ Macassar. Turn Left into Baden Powell Drive and drive on for 12.9 kms. You then turn right onto Polkadraai Rd/R310 and continue to follow the R310 for about 2.3 kms continuing onto Adam Tas. Turn right into Alexander Rd and at the roundabout take the 1st exit onto Bird St. At the next roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Plein St – Welcome to Stellenbosch!
The best time of year to get married in Stellenbosch
Stellenbosch has a wonderful climate. Summer months in the Western Cape last from December up till mid March. December and January are the cooler summer months and I would recommend them. Of course this is the most popular wedding period on the calendar so book in advance if you want to get married in these months. February and March can get really hot, but the evenings are gorgeously warm and balmy. If you are looking for something a bit different and are considering a winter wedding Stellenbosch is a great choice. Think cozy warm fires, good red wine and fine Cape hospitality! It’s a perfect combination. Autumn and spring are both wonderful in the winelands, but always have a plan B just in case the weather turns.
Finding the right venue
Have a look at our wedding venues in Stellenbosch. There are so many options to choose from. When looking for a wedding venue in Stellenbosch I would recommend keeping the following in mind:
- Consider the time of the year you are going to get married. If you are having a wedding during the colder months make sure that you like the venue they use in case the weather is bad. You have to be able to picture having your wedding ceremony and/or reception in this venue. If you are having your wedding in the hot summer months make sure that the venue is airy and cool.
- Make sure you love the menu.
- Make sure you love the wine; after all you are in the oldest wine region in the country.
- If your guests are going to be needing accommodation see to it that there are a good range of accommodation options in the area. When you go on site inspections the venues should be able to tell you else turn to Google.
- Check out if the venue is going to allow you get the wedding photographs that you have always dreamed of.
If you are looking for good service providers in Stellenbosch let us know and we can send you a list of ones we have worked with.