Welgelegen Wedding Venue – Welgelegen Cherry Estate is a working cherry and apple farm and the perfect place for an unforgettable experience. Welgelegen is situated in the Eastern Free State, 40 km from Clarens, lying in the picturesque Witteberg mountains and overlooking the Maluti mountains. The Welgelegen ambiance is the ultimate example of country elegance in the Eastern Free State with its Sandstone Mountains.
Welgelegen Cherry Estate is family owned and managed. Weekend destination weddings are our specialty and we have a passion to create dream weddings. We ensure that your wedding weekend is a personal and warm family experience. The Bridal Couple and Family can relax while we provide one stop service for all their requirements including Decor, Flowers, Photography, DJ, Beautician, Wedding cakes and Onsite Catering.
Every season delivers its own unique natural beauty: Spring Blossoms, Summer Fruit, Autumn Leaves, and Winter Snow.
- Cherry and apple trees blossom in mid to late September offering an incredible sight of delicate white flowers.
- Cherry trees bear fruit during October and November. Apple trees bear fruit from February to April.
- Beautiful autumn scenes are created with the cherry trees dressed in bright orange leaves.
- During winter the snow capped Maluti Mountains are spectacular and the Witteberg in the background always creates fantastic photo opportunities.
At Welgelegen we will ensure that your dream day will be an unforgettable and relaxed experience, because:
- The venue offers wonderful views of the sandstone cliffs overlooking the dam with exceptional hues during sunset. Spectacular photo opportunities will ensure that your photos will capture the unique memories of your dream wedding.
- Welgelegen provides a relaxed farm and country atmosphere on a working cherry and apple farm and the farm. The Venue is yours for the entire weekend!
- The Wedding Facilities are custom built for weddings:
- It can seat 220 people with a spacious dance floor.
- Our venue is wheelchair friendly.
- A fully equipped cash bar is situated inside the Reception hall, for the convenience of your guests.
- Advanced catering equipment ensures delicious menu choices which are freshly prepared on the weekend.
- We have three unique options where you can say “I do”:
- In a beautiful sandstone chapel with exceptional views overlooking the dam onto the Witteberg and Maluti Mountains.
- Amongst the sandstone cliffs, your ceremony can be outside on the lawn or deck overlooking the dam and magnificent mountains.
- In the tranquil Orchards, your ceremony can be in the midst of the beautiful Cherry Trees, with blossoms, cherries or autumn leaves forming the backdrop.
- We take pride in our in dept planning which will ensure a stress-free and memorable wedding.
- The luxurious onsite Bridal Suite is intimate and private and is positioned on the foot of the mountains. The Bridal Suite is perfect for that special evening and may be used for the bride to be turned into a Princess for her DREAM DAY
- Luxurious accommodation for 63 guests on the farm ensuring an unforgettable event.
- A Friday night braai with friends and family to start the weekend celebrations the evening before the wedding.
- A “Say Goodbye” Sunday morning breakfast.
We look forward to hosting you, your family and friends on this special occasion and we trust that we will exceed your expectations.