5 Reasons for holding your Wedding in Durban
[list style=”list8″ color=”rosy”]
- Durban is the only city in South Africa with a tropical climate, so it has fantastically good weather all year round. Whilst the rest of the country is shivering in winter, Durban is balmy and at its best as the humidity is lower than in summer. This makes it an ideal place for your wedding as you can choose any month of the year.
- Durban has such an interesting mix of cultures, literally where Africa meets India meets Europe. The colonial buildings on the Berea, the modern high rise 5 star hotels on the beachfront and the beautiful hotels found in Umhlanga Rocks offer a myriad of choices for the bride who chooses to be married in Durban. The colours and the architecture reflect this, as does the food. Durban is world famous for its delicious Indian curries! There is even a particular curry dish called a bunny chow that is part of Durban history and is a popular street food in this part of the world.
- Durban has many golden beaches for visitors to choose from and offers excellent surfing in the warm Indian Ocean. The lifestyle is very laid back here and geared to tourism, so visitors are made to feel welcome. The entire promenade has been upgraded and there are many tourist attractions including uShaka Marine World where you can even have your wedding in this massive aquarium. The Point Road area which used to be sleazy and a no-go zone has now been cleaned up and upgraded into a waterfront with many restaurants catering for local as well as overseas tourists.
- Durban makes a great destination wedding spot. Your guests will love their stay and your wedding will be a memorable event indeed! There are so many activities to keep your visitors busy. It is the ideal place to combine a beach with a safari holiday as Zululand Game Reserves are only about 3 hours north of Durban and very accessible. For the fishing enthusiasts there are opportunities for deep sea fishing for game fish. For others who prefer some activity, there are some beautiful golf courses in and around Durban. And of course there are great shopping centres for the shoppers amongst us!
- The lush surrounds and green rolling hills are the typical scenery in Durban. Whether overlooking the blue Indian ocean or the green hills further inland, Durban is certainly a beautiful city for your wedding.[/list]
You May Also Find These Articles Interesting