De Vette Mossel @ Grootbrak is situated on an isolated pristine beach between Mossel Bay and George in the Cape Garden Route. De Vette Mossel @ Hermanus is right on the spectacular Hermanus Lagoon, nestled between the sea and the mountains, right next to the water.
Here love, romance, fun and dreams become a beautiful reality.
De Vette Mossel Weddings
A Beach wedding? It does not have to be only a dream. We can make your wedding day truly unforgettable at De Vette Mossel.
Why De Vette Mossel?
- Were we closer to the water – you would have got wet;
- Exceptional menu at unbeatable prices;
- Choose to tie the knot right on the beach at Grootbrak, or under our wedding chapel at Hermanus;
- Not the normal boring venue – and here you can give your creativity and imagination wings for One of a Kind wedding!
- It’s like love itself: no plastic imitations – this is the real thing, in nature, informal, but with unmistakably class and panache;
- Perfect views on the ocean and beach at Grootbrak or of the Cape mountains and spectacular Hermanus Lagoon (Here you even can arrive by our Razzle Dazzled boat, Flamboyance, or treat your guests with boat rides during you photoshoot.)
- Numerous ‘Drop dead’ wedding photos opportunities.
And the food?
Well, if you ever have been to a De Vette Mosssel, you should know that our food markets itself. From wild oysters, strawberries, fruit kebabs and Cap Classique as a teasers, to a rolling buffet of nine courses of 17 mainly seafood, freshly prepared on open fires. Good honest and healthy food in abundance. Grilled snoek and sweet potato, black mussels galore, Catch of the Day, seafood pot with 3 types of fish, calamari and prawns, calamari steak, fruit in season, Rock Lobster, Prawn platters, beef and venison pot, coffee and koeksusters, and of course, our pot bread. Guests may eat as much as they like – or can! But this is not as easy as it sounds – the challenge is to navigate your culinary way through the menu without having to skip a course or two!
But, we offer much more than merely superbly prepared seafood in abundance – this is an experience, in unusual surroundings, with Cape fishing culture in true West Coast style. Here you will enter a state of bliss.
We pride ourselves on our well-stocked Beach Cash Bar. Very reasonable prices and mean cocktails!
Although both restaurants are partly open air, all seating is under roof and protected from rain and strong winds, and can even be made more ‘weather proof’ within minutes.
Please contact us for more info.