Rickety Bridge Winery
western cape | franschhoek | wine farm | winelands | intimate | country
Rickety Bridge Winery Wedding Venue – When you cross the bridge over the Franschhoek River, you will also discover the perfect wedding venue amongst the vines. The charming 19th century Cape Dutch setting offers a range of picturesque onsite ceremony and reception options.
About Rickety Bridge Winery Weddings
The idyllic setting of the wine estate provides stunning backdrops for your big day – and Rickety Bridge’s all-inclusive package makes planning easy. The most popular option, is a ceremony on the beautiful lawn in front of the 17th century Manor House, with the adjacent areas that can be transformed with seating pockets and lawn games, for the guests to enjoy during cocktail hour.
The lawn is also popular for wedding receptions, and on a perfect day in Franschhoek, it offers an unforgettably romantic evening under the stars and fairy lights in the company of loved ones or opt for an elegant marquee. Should the weather not play along, we have a function room that can comfortably seat 100 guests, a small chapel for the ceremony and the terrace of the function room that can be converted into a dancefloor, but is also an option for the ceremony.
Rickety Bridge’s all-inclusive packages include, but are not limited to the following:
• Venue Hire
• Menu taster for the wedding couple prior to the wedding
• All furniture required for ceremony and reception, including Wimbledon chairs, a white arch, white Tiffany chairs for the reception and 8-seater wooden tables.
• Standard white table linen, serviettes, crockery, cutlery & glassware
• Welcome drinks
• Canapé’s upon arrival
• 3-Course meal
• Rickety Bridge wine
• Basic bar setup
• Gratuity (10% for the service staff)
• Accommodation for six guests in the 5-star Rickety Bridge Manor House for two nights
• Preferential rates Basse Provence Country House
Furthermore, the services of our functions manager is included to assist with the following:
• Meet and greet bridal couple upon arrival
• Run through of Rickety Bridge contract and services provided
• Book and secure wedding date
• On-the-day coordination and on-site meetings
• Provision of Rickety Bridge’s list of preferred suppliers
• Assistance with wedding concept, décor and design
• Assistance with any special dietary requirements
• Control and consolidation of wedding account
• Assistance with accommodation bookings
• Preparation of order of event sheet and floor plan
• Photography & videography booking
• Cake sourcing, tastings and ordering
• Rehearsal coordination
• Menu tasting meeting and planning
• Music and entertainment sourcing and overseeing florist sourcing and liaisons
• Municipality permit negotiations (nature and special venues)
• Hair and Make-up artist sourcing and booking
Rickety Bridge Winery Accommodation
Rickety Bridge Winery offers accommodation in the Manor House adjacent to the venue, which boasts three luxurious 5-star en-suite rooms, as well as on the property next door, where Basse Provence Manor and Country House is situated. Basse Provence Manor House offers another 3 luxurious rooms, with the country house adding another five rooms to accommodate wedding guests. On the same property, there is also a two-bedroomed cottage, ideal for families. Both properties have their own private swimming pool and all accommodation rates include breakfast.
Every detail has been considered in this Franschhoek luxury accommodation: classic Cape Dutch furniture, a fire-warmed lounge and country kitchen, dramatic yellow wood-beamed ceilings and pine floors polished with layers of history all contribute to the timelessness of your experience. There is room for up to 26 guests on the estate and a lot of additional accommodation options nearby.
Rickety Bridge Winery Fact Sheet
Guests – 100 pax
Accommodation – Yes
Conference Facilities – Yes
Chapel – No
Outside Ceremony – Yes